TENDERS FOR WORKS
United Republic of Tanzania
Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications
Tanzania Ports Authority
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB) Dated 11th April, 2017
1. This invitation for bidding follows the Updated General Procurement Notice which appeared in the Daily News, the Guardian and Mwananchi Newspapers of 12th August, 2016.
2. The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) intends to apply part of its own funds in the Financial Year of 2016/17 to cover eligible payments under the above tenders.
3. TPA a public corporation established under the provisions of the Ports Act No.17 of 2004 hereinafter referred to as "the Employer" now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders registered or capable of being registered by Contractors Registration Board (CRB) as shown in the table below:
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding Method of Procurement procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 and its Regulations, G.N. No.446 of 2013 (as amended in 2016). Tendering is open to all Bidders as specified in paragraph 3 above.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Director of Procurement and Contracts, Tanzania Ports Authority Head Office, One Bandari Road, P.O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam, Room No. 48 on the Second Floor of the TPA Headquarters Building during TPA’s working hours from Monday to Friday except on Public Holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) for each tender in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzania Shillings 100,000.00 (Tanzania Shillings One Hundred Thousand only) or its equivalent in freely convertible currency for each tender document. Payment should be either by cash, Banker’s Cheque or Bank Draft payable to the Director General, TPA.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in original or Bid Securing Declaration as the case may be and in an acceptable payment form as mentioned in the paragraph 6 above. The Bid Security or Bid Securing Declaration shall be clearly addressed to the Director General, TPA, P.O. Box 9184 Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA and shall be valid for 120 days from the deadline of submission of the bids.
8. All Tenders in One Original plus two copies properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes cleared marked as respective tender and must be delivered to the address: The Secretary, Central Tender Board, Tanzania Ports Authority, 2nd Floor, Room No.48, TPA Headquarters building, One Bandari Road, P.O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA at or before 10:00 hours local time on date as shown in the table above. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the TPA Conference Room No. 39 on 2nd Floor of Headquarters building.
9.Site Visits will be conducted on the dates shown in the table above starting at 10:00 a.m local time at the respective port area followed by a pre-bid meeting to take place at a respective port area.
10. Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, Tenders not received, not opened and not read out in public at the bid opening ceremony and telegraphic, telex, telefax, bids or portion of any Bids shall not be considered for evaluation irrespective of circumstances.