TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
Tender No. AE/016/2020-2021/HQ/C/06
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AND MANAGEMENT ADVISORY SERVICES (TAMAS) FOR IMPROVEMENT OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS.
(INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
19th January, 2021.
- This invitation for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) which appeared in taneps.go.tz Issue no. 01 dated 21st November, 2020.
- The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) has allocated funds for implementing various projects in its budget for the Financial Year 2020/2021 towards the cost of improvement of the implementation of development projects and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this fund to cover eligible payment under the contract for technical assistance and management advisory services (TAMAS) for improvement of the implementation of development projects.
- The general objective of the Consultancy services is to provide TAMAS for improved state of the art implementation of TPA development projects in order to escalate the current capacities of the management in the performance to deliver results according to approved programmes. Accordingly, the Consultant shall provide technical and managerial advisory services on project programming, planning, procurements, physical works execution, monitoring and evaluation to the TPA Management Team towards achieving the project objectives and related results in a more effective manner. More details are be provided in the terms of Reference.
- TPA now invites expressions of interest (EOIs) from eligible Consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the services but not limited to the actual investment planning, programming, studies and design, procurement, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the implemented Development Projects for the purpose of improving the actual performance of the assignments and works to improve projects and contracts results from the current level to acceptable standard for a duration of two (2) Financial Years 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 renewable for one (1) Financial Year 2022/2023 upon satisfactory performance.
- Interested consultants shall provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The short-listing criteria shall be:-
- The firm’s experience in undertaking similar assignments,
- General and specific qualifications and experience of the proposed team of experts as provided in the terms of Reference.
- At least two contracts done by the firm with minimum of TZS. 3.5 Billion each in the last five (5) years.
- Local Firm Participation: Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a Joint Venture or a Sub-Consultancy to enhance their qualifications. International Consultants must associate with local Tanzanian firms (at a minimum of 20% contribution of the local firm) for targeted transfer of the expertise to Tanzanian firms.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 as amended in 2016 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 as amended in 2016 (hereinafter called Procurement Regulations).
- Selection will be conducted through the Quality and Cost based selection procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations.
- Expression of Interest clearly marked “Technical Assistance and Management Advisory Services (TAMAS) for Improvement of the Implementation of Development Projects” must be delivered online through TANePS via taneps.go.tz by 22nd February, 2021 at or before 10.00 hours local time and will be opened online and the opening report be auto-shared shortly thereafter to all participants Firms TANePS Account.
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX 9184, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Tel No.: +255 22 2116 250
Fax No.: +255 22 2130 390