UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
TENDER NO. AE/016/2019-20/CTB/W/05
MAINTENANCE OF SPM CALM BUOYS ASSET NO.76-3912-A AT DAR ES SALAAM PORT
RE-INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Date: 16th September, 2019
- This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Financial Year 2019/20 Project which appeared in Guardian Newspaper of 31st July, 2019.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) during the financial year 2018/2019. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Maintenance of SPM Calm Buoys Asset No.76-3912-A at Dar Es Salaam Port.
- TPA now re- invites sealed Tenders from eligible Mechanical, Petroleum or Marine Contractors registered or capable of being registered in Class Three III and above for carrying out the Maintenance of SPM Calm Buoys Asset No.76-3912-A at Dar es Salaam Port.
- Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Tendering (ICT) specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, Government Notice No.446 of 2013 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
- Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Secretary of the Tender Board on 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive from 0900 to 1600 Hours Local on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
- A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzanian Shillings (100,000) Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Director General.
- All Tenders must be accompanied by Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the Tender Document (Section No. IX).Tender not accompanied by Tender Securing Declaration will be rejected.
- All Tenders in ONE original plus TWO copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked “TENDER NO. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/W/04 FOR MEINTANENCE OF SPM CALM BOUY ASSET NO.76-3912-A AT DAR ES SALAAM PORT. ” must be delivered to the address: The Secretary, Central Tender Board, Tanzania Ports Authority, O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive.
- The Inspection of the Buoy will be conducted for five 5 days from 23rd September,2019 up to 27th September,2019 starting from 09.00am Hours Local Time at Ras Mjimwema Landfall Kigamboni Dar es salaam, TPA will provide transport daily from TPA’s office to the site. Inspection Report should be submitted together with the bid document during the submission of Tender document.
- Pre-Bidding Meeting will be conducted on 02nd October, 2019 at 10.00am Hours Local Time at TPA’s Head Office, Bandari Tower One Stop Centre Plot 1/2, Sokoine Drive, 26th Floor Conference Room.
- Deadline for submission of tenders is on 11th October, 2019 at 10.00 a.m. local time. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening on 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive.
- Late Tenders portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
- Tanzania Ports Authority is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
Issued by: The Director General,
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM,
Tel No. +255 022 2111 315