TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
TENDER No. AE/016/2018-19/W/23
DRY DOCKING AND REPAIRS OF TUG CHATU
FOR DAR ES SALAAM PORT
INVITATION FOR TENDERS (IFT)
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) during the financial year 2018/2019. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for Dry Docking and Repairs of Tug Chatu for Dar es Salaam Port.
- Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) now invites sealed bids from eligible, reputable Ship Builder/ Marine Contractors Class Two and above to undertake the project.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Tendering Method procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act. No 7 of 2011 (Goods, Works Non - Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender), Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 and its amendment of 2016 and is open to sole Bidder as defined in the Regulations from eligible, reputable and competent tenderers to provide the required services as detailed in the Employer’s Technical requirements.
- Interested eligible Tenderer may obtain further information from and inspect the Tender Documents at the Office of the Secretary of Tender Board, Tanzania Ports Authority, Head Office, Bandari Tower One stop Centre, P.O. Box 9184 Dar es Salaam, on the 26th Floor from 09.00am to 16.00pm Hours Local time Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
- A complete set of tendering document (s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 7 below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzania Shillings One Hundred Fifty Thousand Only (TZS 150,000.00). Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Cheque, payable to Director General of Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA).
- The Tender must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration for 5 years to be accepted. If not accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration will be rejected.
- The bid in One Original plus Two Copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain Envelopes clearly marked “TENDER NO. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/W/23 FOR DRY DOCKING AND REPAIRS OF TUG CHATU FOR DAR ES SALAAM PORT’’ must be delivered to the address:-
Central Tender Board,
Tanzania Ports Authority
- O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
- A site visit will be conducted on 19th June, 2019 starting at 10:00a.m. hour’s local time at followed by a pre-tender meeting at TPA –Bandari Tower One Stop Centre on 26th floor Conference Room, and immediately after the site visit (DSM port area).
- Tender will close on 12th July, 2019 at 10.00a.m local time. Tender will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the TPA- Bandari Tower, One Stop Centre 26th Floor conference Room.
- Late Bids, Portion of Bids, Electronic Bids, Bids not received, Bids not opened and not read out in public at the bid opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
- Tanzania Ports Authority is not obliged to accept the lowest or any bidding.
Issued by: The Director General,
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM,
Tel. No. +255 022 2111 315
Fax No: +255 022 2112678,
E-mail: dpc @ports go.tz