UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
TENDER No. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/CG/20 SUPPLY AND COMMISSIONING OF GLASS REINFORCED (GRP) BEACON TOWER FOR RAS SHUKA LINDI PORT
02nd May, 2019
Section I: TENDER INVITATION
- This invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for the year 2018/19 which appeared in the Guardian of 27th August, 2018.
- Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) has set aside funds in its 2018/2019 budget to cover for TENDER No. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/CG/20 SUPPLY AND COMMISSIONING OF GLASS REINFORCED (GRP) BEACON TOWER FOR RAS SHUKA LINDI PORT.
- TPA now invites sealed tenders under National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act No 7of 2011 (Goods, Works, Non-Consultancy Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Director of Procurement and Contracts, TPA-Headquarter Bandari Tower-One Stop Centre, 26th floor, Conference Room located at Sokoine Drive, Near TRA Long Room Building P. O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam from 09.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
- A complete set of the tendering document and additional sets may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS 100,000.00. Payment should be either by banker’s cheque or cash payable to the Director General. Control Number for purchase of the tender should be obtained at TPA – HQ Old Building, Ground Floor, Cashier Office located at the junction of Bandari / Kilwa Road
- All tenders must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration in the format provided in Section IX of this tender Document. Insurance Bonds will not be accepted. Tenders not accompanied by a Tender Securing Declaration will be rejected.
- All Tenders dully completed in one original plus one copy should be submitted in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked “TENDER No. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/CG/20 SUPPLY AND COMMISSIONING OF GLASS REINFORCED (GRP) BEACON TOWER FOR RAS SHUKA LINDI PORT and addressed to The Secretary, Central Tender Board, TPA-Headquarter Bandari Tower, One Stop Centre, Sokoine Drive P.O.Box 9184, Dar es Salaam or deposited in the Tender Box which is in TPA One Stop Center Building, 26th floor, located at Sokoine Drive, Near TRA Long Room Building, before the deadline for submission of bids.
- Pre bid meeting will be held on Thursday 16th May, 2019 at Lindi Port 10.00 a.m.
- The deadline for submission of tenders shall be Friday 31st May, 2019 at 10.00 a.m. local time; thereafter all tenders will be opened publicly in TPA – One Stop Center Building, 26th floor, Conference Room. Bidders and/or their Representatives who wish to witness the opening are welcome to attend.
- Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
- Note that Tanzania Ports Authority is not obliged to accept the lowest or any Bid.
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Tel No: +255 022 2111 315
Fax No: +255 022 2112 678,